The ratio of liver is up to you but I would suggest starting with a bit less and building up gradually.
I always double the quantities below so that I can have a meal in the freezer
I don't normally like to dictate in the recipe that ingredients must be organic but with liver it's a must as you anything the animal is subject to will affect its liver.
If you prefer you could use the minced mixture in a bolognese sauce.
For the meatballs:
400-500g minced beef
100g organic calves or beef liver
For the tomato sauce:
1 jar of passata
1 large onion
2 cloves of garlic
Tbsp oregano (optional)
1.Grind the liver up until it is a mince consistency (it will be rather gloopy)
2. Mix thoroughly with the beef mince
3. Season with salt and pepper
4. Shape into small balls and place in a glass shallow dish
5. Grill until the meatballs are brown rather than light pink when cut open
For the tomato sauce
1.Heat 2-3tbsp of ghee or olive oil on a low heat
2. Chop the onion and add to the pan, sweating gently for about 10 minutes
2. Crush the garlic and add to the onions. Cook for a further two minutes constantly stirring so the garlic doesn't burn
3. Add the jar of tomato sauce and season well, adding oregano if you wish
4. Cook on a low heat for about 20 minutes or longer of you want a thicker sauce